Mangalore, Aug 20: The Mangalore-Kuwait flight service is likely to resume operations from this October, MLA J R Lobo has said.
A delegation led by Mangalore South MLA J R Lobo and minister Roshan Baig had recently met union minister of state for civil aviation G M Siddeshwar and urged him to resume the flight service. The outcome of the meeting had reportedly been positive.
Speaking to daijiworld, J R Lobo said that he has unofficially received information from the civil aviation ministry that Mangalore-Kuwait flight would resume operation from this winter season, which starts from October.
The flight will reportedly be operational thrice a week and not on a daily basis.
Also, sources said that instead of a direct flight, Mangalore-Bahrain-Kuwait route is being planned.
The Mangalore-Kuwait direct flight operation was suspended in February this year reportedly due to ending of lease of Air India Express’ aircraft and lack of passengers from Mangalore to Kuwait. Since then, there have been demands from various quarters, particularly from organizations based in Kuwait to resume the flight.
The official announcement about the resumption of the flight service can be expected in the next few days, sources said.
Courtesy : Daijiworld